- Don’t need to spend a fortune on tools and products, (all included in your software program).
- No waste, (of paper, embellishments or photos).
- Save space (only need your computer).
- A page can be easily re-done until you are satisfied, (just press the undo or redo button, no tearing, un-gluing, or frustration because of the time and money spent on a page that didn’t come out the way you wanted it to).
- No mess. (no bits of paper, cut up photos or tools and photos lying all over the place).
- Far quicker, (once you know what you’re doing you can quickly do a page between supper and bed-time).
- Photos can be easily manipulated, (change colouring, crop, resize etc without spending a fortune of re-printing).
- Exact matching colours can be chosen, (no more standing in the shop with your photos trying to match the exact colours, just ‘pick’ an exact colour off your photo and create your own matting or background sheet).
- Create your own embellishments.
- Pages can have texture and 3D effects.
- Easier to organise into chronological order, (no more envelopes of photos and shoe boxes etc…).
- Mistakes can be easily fixed.
- Many copies in various sizes can be made at no expense.
- One layout can be copied to different albums.
- A damaged album can just be re-printed.
- Album can be easily duplicated for friends or family.
- Completed pages can be e-mailed to friends and family.
- Supplies can be re-used over and over.
- Albums are slim and neat.
- You can join the community of PROUDLY GREEN!
- Don’t have to develop the photos taken with your digital camera.
- Old techniques taught as a traditional scrapbooker can still be used.
- When finances are low you needn’t stop scrapping.
- Albums are easily stored.
- Completed traditional scrapbook pages can be scanned and added to the new digital book.
- Digital “coffee table style” albums look very professional.
- Makes economic sense.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING & PHOTO bOOKS?
A huge range of photo book software is available today. Some are more user-friendly than others. A fairly limited choice of templates and backgrounds are given onto which your un-manipulated photos are placed. These software programs are ideal for the person who just wants to slap their photos onto a page, using a basic background, and maybe put a heading or two with a limited amount of journalling here and there. In other words, inclusion of documentation, memorabilia, embellishments or freedom of design is seldom facilitated. These books are VERY quick and easy to complete (assuming the software is user-friendly).
Those who are passionate about scrapbooking or; who love the aesthetic appeal; and/or who enjoy putting their own personal touch to the page, will find these programs VERY limiting and frustrating. And, there is no way of printing your pages yourself, saving them elsewhere on your computer, using them to e-mail etc. You can ONLY have a photo book printed at the store that provided the software.
While we ultimately want to print our masterpieces into a coffee table type photo book, and therefore are in dire need of this service, it is however an insult to all avid scrapbookers to refer to this simple and uncreative copy-n-paste technique as Digital Scrapbooking.